At Securus, we’re committed to connecting what matters®
Securus Technologies provides leading edge civil and criminal justice technology solutions that improve public safety and modernize the incarceration experience. Thousands of public safety, law enforcement and corrections agencies rely on Securus for secure, simple and powerful technology solutions that are always accessible and easy to use.
With hundreds of patents and scores of engineers, technologists, designers and thinkers innovating solutions, the technology here is second to none. Securus is committed to being the best provider of high-tech software solutions, with the most product and service offerings of the highest quality that provide the best economics for our customers while maintaining the best customer service in our industry.
From connecting family and friends to those incarcerated… to connecting correctional facility personnel to critical information… to connecting inmates to technology… to connecting the dots for investigative leads… to connecting emergency dispatchers and responders to those in need… Securus Technologies is committed to serve and connect by providing emergency response, incident management, public information, investigation, verification, communication, information management, inmate self-service, and monitoring products and services in order to make our world a safer place to live.
Securus Technologies is headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and serves more than 3,400 public safety, law enforcement and corrections agencies and over 1.2 million inmates across North America.
The Securus Difference
- Superior, revolutionary technology that is modern, relevant and continuously evolving to meet your needs
- Collective intelligence from more than 2,200 law enforcement and corrections agencies providing unbeatable lead generation
- Largest facility communications provider and the only full spectrum solutions provider in the sector
- Product and service combinations that provide unique, full criminal lifecycle solutions from pre-incarceration incident management through post-incarceration monitoring
- Dedicated to innovation with more than 140 patents and industry-leading R&D investment
Company Fast Facts
- Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Dallas, TX
- Regional offices located in Carrollton, TX; Allen, TX; and Atlanta, GA
- 30 years of experience serving the corrections industry
- Serving approximately 3,400 correctional facilities and more than 1.2 million inmates in 48 states
- In-sourced customer call center and technical support teams that operate 24x7x365
- Industry's number one innovator, with more than 140 patents issued and approximately 90 pending
- Largest team in the industry with approximately 1,300 Associates nationwide
- SAS 70 and Sarbanes-Oxley compliant
- Approximately 150 Field Services team members located within close proximity to the facilities we serve
- Secure Call Platform (SCP) is the leading platform in the industry with more than 2,200 installations
- More than $19 million each year in reinvestment back into the company
Interesting and informative articles pertaining to our industry and our company
Catalog of published press releases with pertinent information about our company
Securus Transforms Business From Inmate Telecom Only to Diversified, Government Services, High-Tech, High Software Content Business
Press Release Aug 25, 2017
Securus Listens Carefully to Corrections/Law Enforcement and Inmates to Craft Its Products and Acquisitions. More Products for Inmates/Friends/Family, Tools to Reduce Recidivism, and Record Sales Are Direct Results. Securus Is on the Front Line with Facility Customers Improving and Saving Lives.
DALLAS, TX August 25, 2017/Business Wire/ -- Securus Technologies, a leading provider of civil and criminal justice technology solutions for public safety, investigation, corrections and monitoring announced market share metrics and vertical markets in which it now competes in the law enforcement and corrections sectors.
Securus Technologies has moved from an inmate telecommunications only firm in 2007 to a diversified, government services, high-tech, high software content business with products in these vertical markets:
- Inmate Healthcare
- Inmate Education
- Inmate Media Services
- Interactive Voice Response Systems
- Inmate Facing
- Friend/Family Member Facing
- Money Transfer/Transmitter Services
- Recidivism Reduction Tools
- Enhanced Telecom Services
- Jail Management Software
- Wireless Containment Solutions
- Big Data Analytics for Law Enforcement
- Parolee Monitoring Services
- Video Visitation Services
- Wireless Forensics Services
- Corrections Investigations Services
- Manufacturing/Assembly of GPS, RF, Video, Alcohol Monitoring, and Audio Equipment
- Voice Biometric Software Solutions
- Location Based Investigative Services
"Much of our expansion into these vertical markets has come from our $670 million investment in technologies, partnerships, patents, and companies over the last five (5) years," said Richard A. ("Rick") Smith, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of Securus Technologies.
"We don’t purchase a company or technology or develop a product with our software teams without input from our jail/prison customers and inmates and their friends and family members. We have thousands of direct interactions each day with inmates, friends/family, wardens, jailers, sheriffs, deputies, parolees, facility IT staffs, and others in the industry so we watch, look, and try to understand on an explicit and implicit basis – what they need for efficiency, recidivism reduction, successful entry into society, safety, investigative, and security reasons. There is a wealth of information in front of us – so we use that to make decisions on acquisitions and our development efforts," said Smith.
"We used to say that we had a 35% to 45% share of the classic outbound audio inmate calling market which was true and a respectable market share back several years ago. However, with our entry into these new vertical markets, we have a much smaller share of a much larger domestic market. We have a 4% share of a $13 billion market, so a smaller percentage market share but with tons of headroom to grow our business, and that’s exciting for us – exciting from an economic but also from a social perspective.
"We also have a significant social responsibility that includes providing low inmate rates, safer facilities (prisons and jails), more efficient facilities, recidivism reducing tools, inmate education including religious education, and the ability to solve and prevent crimes.
"Our expanded product set puts us on the front line more with corrections and law enforcement – a role that we take very seriously and with a deep commitment to improve people’s lives," stated Smith.
"When you look carefully at the benefits to inmates and friends/family members of what we have created, they are substantial – substantially lower calling rates, video visitation, tablets, music downloads, book downloads, religious book downloads, immediate/emergency funding for calls, email, education materials, an advocate for expanded calling hours, recidivism reduction investments, and hundreds of millions of dollars in commissions paid to facilities that include inmate welfare programs of all types. I am proud of what we have accomplished on behalf of inmates and their families," concluded Smith.
ABOUT SECURUS TECHNOLOGIES
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and serving more than 3,450 public safety, law enforcement and corrections agencies and over 1,200,000 inmates across North America, Securus Technologies is committed to serve and connect by providing emergency response, incident management, public information, investigation, biometric analysis, communication, information management, inmate self-service, and monitoring products and services in order to make our world a safer place to live. Securus Technologies focuses on connecting what matters®. To learn more about our full suite of civil and criminal justice technology solutions, please visit SecurusTechnologies.com.
I am a firm believer in customer service and Securus seems to pride itself in providing great customer service. In this day and age of ever-changing technology, Securus has stayed ahead of the game by consistently looking for ways to make it easier for inmates, inmates's families, and most of all, Sheriff Department's personnel.County Sheriff's Office, Illinois