At Securus, we’re committed to connecting what matters®
Securus Technologies provides leading edge civil and criminal justice technology solutions that improve public safety and modernize the incarceration experience. Thousands of public safety, law enforcement and corrections agencies rely on Securus for secure, simple and powerful technology solutions that are always accessible and easy to use.
With hundreds of patents and scores of engineers, technologists, designers and thinkers innovating solutions, the technology here is second to none. Securus is committed to being the best provider of high-tech software solutions, with the most product and service offerings of the highest quality that provide the best economics for our customers while maintaining the best customer service in our industry.
From connecting family and friends to those incarcerated… to connecting correctional facility personnel to critical information… to connecting inmates to technology… to connecting the dots for investigative leads… to connecting emergency dispatchers and responders to those in need… Securus Technologies is committed to serve and connect by providing emergency response, incident management, public information, investigation, verification, communication, information management, inmate self-service, and monitoring products and services in order to make our world a safer place to live.
Securus Technologies is headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and serves more than 3,400 public safety, law enforcement and corrections agencies and over 1.2 million inmates across North America.
The Securus Difference
- Superior, revolutionary technology that is modern, relevant and continuously evolving to meet your needs
- Collective intelligence from more than 2,200 law enforcement and corrections agencies providing unbeatable lead generation
- Largest facility communications provider and the only full spectrum solutions provider in the sector
- Product and service combinations that provide unique, full criminal lifecycle solutions from pre-incarceration incident management through post-incarceration monitoring
- Dedicated to innovation with more than 140 patents and industry-leading R&D investment
Company Fast Facts
- Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Dallas, TX
- Regional offices located in Carrollton, TX; Allen, TX; and Atlanta, GA
- 30 years of experience serving the corrections industry
- Serving approximately 3,400 correctional facilities and more than 1.2 million inmates in 48 states
- In-sourced customer call center and technical support teams that operate 24x7x365
- Industry's number one innovator, with more than 140 patents issued and approximately 90 pending
- Largest team in the industry with approximately 1,300 Associates nationwide
- SAS 70 and Sarbanes-Oxley compliant
- Approximately 150 Field Services team members located within close proximity to the facilities we serve
- Secure Call Platform (SCP) is the leading platform in the industry with more than 2,200 installations
- More than $19 million each year in reinvestment back into the company
Interesting and informative articles pertaining to our industry and our company
Catalog of published press releases with pertinent information about our company
Securus Presents to Over 1,250 Prison/Jail Customers in Its State-of-the-Art Technology Center in Texas
Press Release Aug 24, 2017
Over 1,100 Products/Features Being Presented. "It's Like Disney World for Corrections and Law Enforcement"
DALLAS, TX August 24, 2017/Business Wire/ -- Securus Technologies, a leading provider of civil and criminal justice technology solutions for public safety, investigation, corrections and monitoring announced that it has surpassed 1,250 prison and jail customer visits since the opening of its Technology Center in 2015. A survey revealed that more than half of the correctional facilities are focusing on updating technology and expanding services to improve productivity, profitability, and inmate satisfaction.
"Securus Technologies invested over $1.5 million dollars in its state-of-the-art Technology Center," said Richard A. ("Rick") Smith, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of Securus Technologies. "Located just outside of Dallas in Carrollton, TX, the 10,500 square-foot facility houses the latest civil and criminal justice technology solutions, with fully functional demonstrations of 1,100 products. It provides a unique opportunity for leaders of correctional facilities of all sizes to experience Securus' many services and technologies in real-time."
Some of the quotes from jail and prison officials include:
- "It’s like Disney World for corrections and law enforcement – you have everything here that I could ever want."
- "We had a carrier that was living in the ice age – and Securus is like the new millennium – one extreme to the other. Securus is head and shoulders above the competition when it comes to innovation and looking at new products. They think outside of the box because there are a lot of opportunities out there to improve our safety and security."
- "The technology available to us and their ability to offer those new technologies has changed the makeup of our facility. We no longer escort inmates and it has cut down on fights and staffing. The Securus relationship is great and asking our opinion on future technologies that we need is very good and we appreciate the opportunity to share with them our opinion of how it can impact law enforcement."
"We are encouraging all of our correctional facilities to visit the Technology Center, and we have had an overwhelming response to date. There is nothing like seeing the technology in person; and in the space of as little as a few hours, or if they prefer a few days, learning how you can make your facility safer and more efficient, while at the same time improving and increasing communications between inmates and friends/family members. All of this results in real recidivism reductions. I want to help law enforcement, corrections, and the courts push programs that keep inmates from reoffending – you have my commitment to do that," said Smith.
ABOUT SECURUS TECHNOLOGIES
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and serving more than 3,450 public safety, law enforcement and corrections agencies and over 1,200,000 inmates across North America, Securus Technologies is committed to serve and connect by providing emergency response, incident management, public information, investigation, biometric analysis, communication, information management, inmate self-service, and monitoring products and services in order to make our world a safer place to live. Securus Technologies focuses on connecting what matters®. To learn more about our full suite of civil and criminal justice technology solutions, please visit SecurusTechnologies.com.
I am a firm believer in customer service and Securus seems to pride itself in providing great customer service. In this day and age of ever-changing technology, Securus has stayed ahead of the game by consistently looking for ways to make it easier for inmates, inmates's families, and most of all, Sheriff Department's personnel.County Sheriff's Office, Illinois