Securus Technologies, Inc. Celebrates 25 Years of Service to Corrections Industry
Press Release Jan 23, 2010
Dallas, TX —January 21, 2010. Securus Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of inmate communications services and innovative offender and case management software design, this year is recognizing its 25 years of serving the needs of correctional facilities.
Over the past 25 years, Securus, through its predecessors companies, has built a leadership position within the corrections industry:
- Market Share Leadership – More correctional facilities are served by Securus than by any other inmate telephone provider.
- Call Platform Leadership – The Secure Calling Platform (SCP) leads the industry in terms of installations—more than 1,000 sites use this packet-based call platform. SCP is completely scalable, and since it is centrally managed, it can be continuously updated with technology advances so that it stays cutting-edge with respect to its investigative capabilities.
- Customer Service Leadership – Securus provides the largest field force in the industry to provide facilities with unmatched attention and service. The company has invested over $3M to build its own U.S. based customer service center dedicated to serving the needs of end-users.
- Technology Leadership – With 64 patents awarded and over 50 patents pending, Securus leads the industry in innovation. The rest of the inmate telephone provider industry combined has fewer than 10 patents. No competitor comes close to Securus in developing and implementing technology that protects the public.
- Re-Investment Leadership – With over $17M in current and planned re-investments in core capabilities, Securus leads all competitors when it comes to its commitment to excellence and leadership.
- Safe and Secure Calling Program Leadership – Securus’ experience and technology allows it to create calling programs for corrections facilities that put top priority on providing safety and security to the public.
- Experience Leadership – No competitor can match Securus’ experience in working with corrections officials to implement and manage calling programs.
“Since the company’s inception, Securus has been dedicated to meeting the communications needs of correctional facilities,” said Richard Smith, Securus’ President and Chief Executive Officer. “During the past 25 years, we’ve established ourselves as the leading provider to this industry. Our continued re-investments in our systems, platforms, and associates demonstrate our commitment to expanding our leadership position.”
Securus Technologies, Inc. is one of the largest suppliers of detainee communications and information management solutions, serving approximately 2,400 correctional facilities nationwide. A recognized leader in providing comprehensive, innovative technical solutions and responsive customer service, Securus’ sole focus is the specialized needs of the corrections and law enforcement communities. Securus is headquartered in Dallas, TX, with regional offices in Carrollton and Allen, TX and Atlanta, GA. For more information, please visit the Securus website at www.securustechnologies.com.